And the race for complete and total dominance of the blog comment marketplace is on. OK, not really, but Disqus isn’t the only blog commenting system launching today. After spending a few months in private beta, Intense Debate is launching an open beta this morning.
Both Intense Debate and Disqus offer web publishers an advanced comment system with support for threaded comments and the ability to track users’ comments. Both services also offer integration options with popular blog platforms like WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, and Moveable Type.
As a reader/commenter, you can subscribe to comments via email or RSS. And both services let you create a profile allowing you to see all the conversations you’re currently participating in from one user-friendly screen.
Intense Debate is doing more than emerging from private beta today. The service has also added a few new features which set it apart from Disqus:
- Navigation makes a website presentable!
- Custom domain for New Blogger (formerly Blogger Beta)
- Searching for section of codes in template
- Drive More Traffic Through “Wordtracker”
- Submit Post to Multiple Social Sites in One Click
- Increase Your Google Page Rank
- Get More Traffic Through StumbleUpon
- Top Keywords Searched Over The Internet Last Year 2007
- Bring Traffic To Your Blog
- Is Your Blog Banned From The Ping Service